Monday, January 26, 2009

Answering Emails

Hey, Emilio, thanks for your email. It is always nice to hear from young people. I am glad my book is inspiring you. I wish I had something like my book to help me when I was a kid so I would not have had all that heartache. But then again, that is who I am today. Keep reading because it is good for you. Studying and reading is never for nothing. It makes your brain grow. It really does.
Do I still have my garbage business? No, I sold it three years ago. I do have my book business and it is doing really well.
Yes, I did see Obama as the new president. When I was 15 or 16 we had a better president who we thought was going to fix the world. That was President Kennedy. They killed him because he wanted to make too many changes and the people who run the world did not like it. I had just started high school like you then. I hope Obama is very careful and does not get out in the open because things as that really happen in this world a lot. Just like 9/11.
Did my dad really make me go out in the dark? He sure did! Man, he was hard on us when we were little guys. Everything I write in my books is true. I remember that story so well because I was so scared!
Did I have an anger problem? I sure did. That was the toughest thing I had to overcome to be a regular person. I had a fight with myself to not get upset with everyone so easy. It was very hard for me. People who see me now and knew me when I was a kid cannot believe I am the same person. One of my old friends said he saw someone we knew when we were young. He told the guy I was doing well and a family with a lot of children and a business. This guy answered, "Oh, no, it couldn't be the same Art! The Art I knew had a bad heart!" When my friend related this to me I felt bad. But I am OK now.
Emilio, it sounds as if you have younger brothers. Remember this, you have to set a good example for your brothers. The younger brothers always want to be like their older brothers. If you miss up more than likely they will follow what you do. So if you are a smart guy and do the best you can, then they will want to be like you.
I owned Number "1" Disposal for 20 years and sold it.
I would like to write another book but I have not been feeling well. I am sick and to write a book you have to feel good. Maybe I will, we well see.
I have four books. They are on my web site.
How old am I? 21. No, I wish. I am 59 years old but in my mind I feel 21 but with my health so bad makes me feel really old. When I was young I never thought I would get old. I thought there were two kinds of people, young people and old people. But it happens to all of us. So make your life a good one and a happy one!
Take care and read my other books.
Your Friend, Art Rodriguez

No comments: