Friday, January 23, 2009

Hi Erika, thank you for your email. I always enjoy receiving emails from young people. Really from everyone but more so with young people. I am glad you learned from East Side Dreams that even if you hang with your friends and try to keep out of trouble when they do anything wrong, you will be charged with the crime because you were with them. The D. A. does not care, as long as they get someone or more then someone that is what they want. Thanks for bringing that out for other young people.
I always wonder where Ernesto is now. About 8 years ago I went to a book fair and seen one of the hommies from Preston, our company and he told me that Ernie was still alive that he sees him around his town. The other day I spoke at a middle school and one of the students told me that Chuco was his friend's great grandfather and that he was dieing. I gave the kid my email and asked him to find out where he is so I could call him and talk to him. But I have not heard from him.
My kids are doing great, in Those Oldies but Goodies, my other book, I talk about all of my children. They all worked for me in the business accept the youngest. I sold the business three years ago. Two of the boys work for a large company driving trucks. My daughters, one works with a loan company, One for the school district and the other two work (hard!) at home taking care of the kids while their husbands work outside the home. My youngest son is not married and works for a cable company and my other son works out of town as a manager of a business. I have 15 cool grand kids! And I am happy and waiting for more and great grand kids! Sure we can keep in touch. Work hard in school so you can take good care of your little baby and teach your little girl to love and respect all people. There is more happiness giving to people than there is taking from them, and that is the truth!
Keep studying as long as you can! Remember, it is never for nothing! It will always pay you back a lot more than you put into it!
Your Friend, Art Rodriguez

No comments: